I'm trying to do a number of successive HTTP requests in one program. Here's
what I tried:
Approach 1: I used the 'download' package, which failed to install on OS X. It
fails with "error: libio.h: No such file or directory".
Approach 2: I installed the 'download-curl' package, and tried again. This
seems to fail on the following example:
> import Network.Curl.Download
> main = do x <- openURI "http://haskell.org"
> y <- openURI "http://haskell.org/hoogle"
> return ()
If I put a print statement around the second line of the do-statement it looks
like openURI never returns.
Approach 3: I used the simpleHTTP function from the HTTP package. This crashed,
after I dug a little deeper into the code, it threw an error on calling the
parseURI function (openFile: no such file exists). I installed the latest
network package and upgraded my HTTP package, and the parseURI error went away.
I felt like I was almost there, and tried the following:
> simpleHTTP (getRequest "http://haskell.org")
This failed with just the text "Bus error". I searched the HTTPBis git
repository, but couldn't find the text "Bus error". I don't have a clue of how
to fix this.
I'm a bit stuck here, I would love to help fix the errors, but don't know what
would be the best place to begin. If anyone can point me in the right
direction, I will try to patch at least one of these packages.
Haskell-Cafe mailing list