Re: [Haskell-cafe] Configuring cabal install readline on Snow Leopard wi

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Configuring cabal install readline on Snow Leopard with MacPorts
From: Antoine Latter
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 10:50:28 -0500
On Tue, Dec 29, 2009 at 2:48 AM, Alexy Khrabrov <[email protected]> wrote:
> I've tried to do cabal install readline on Snow Leopard with MacPorts and it
> fails with the infamous:
>
> $ cabal install readline

<snip>

> How should I properly tell cabal install readline where my readline is?

As a Mac user, I've pretty much given up on getting readline to work.
It's been a lot less stressful for me to just rip out readline from
whatever I'm trynig to build, and either go without fancy input or hit
it with a hammer until Haskeline fits what they're doing.

Most folks using readline are doing anything too fancy with it. Would
you be interested in a shim module providing some of the basic
readline interface but built against haskeline?

Antoine