Re: [Haskell-cafe] lhs2tex, Haskell Platform and cygwin

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] lhs2tex, Haskell Platform and cygwin
From: Stephen Tetley
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:36:42 +0000
Hi Jacques

Does it install properly by the runhaskell Setup.hs configure / build
/ install? I re-installed it this way a couple of weeks ago and it
never mentioned mktexlsr.

>From a runhaskell Setup.hs ... install it did have a couple of
problems which don't relate to your problem but seem worth enumerating
here on the mailing list (so a Google search should pick them out).
Unless lhs2TeX has been updated recently, it uses the old exceptions
so I had to edit FileNameUtils.lhs. Also (on Windows) if your TeX
installation has a space in the path, getting poly style to work will
be challenging - the Setup.hs file has (had?) logic to reject 'bad'
paths. Finally on Windows I was getting this error - the problem is
actually with Windows and TeX (not lhs2TeX):

! Undefined control sequence.
l.30   }\SkipToFmtEnd

? q
OK, entering \batchmode

Where the lhs2TeX manual gives these command to generate a file:

$ lhs2TeX -o HelloWorld.tex HelloWorld.lhs
$ pdflatex HelloWorld.tex

On Windows, you need an intermediate step:

$ lhs2TeX -o HelloWorld.tex HelloWorld.lhs
$ dos2unix HelloWorld.tex
$ pdflatex HelloWorld.tex

Best wishes

Stephen