Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: hakyll-0.1

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: ANN: hakyll-0.1
From: Stephen Tetley
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:32:09 +0000
Hi Thu

That would sound like 'private use' to me[1] which is permitted by the
GPL. If the client later wanted to *distribute* the agglomerated work
the GPL would apply. Distribution being the key point, as at that
stage the client is no longer using the agglomeration privately.

Best wishes

Stephen

[1] insert the usual caveats for 'interpretation' - I'm not a lawyer,
your mileage may vary, etcetera. Similar the limits on 'client' would
need some definition vis-a-vis distribution, one person would surely
be fine, extrapolating up to multi-national companies I'm not sure.