Re: [Haskell-cafe] short licensing question

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] short licensing question
From: Sebastian Fischer
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 21:21:04 +0100
On Jan 12, 2010, at 8:46 PM, Sebastian Fischer wrote:

Am I allowed to distribute the sources under BSD3 and the binary under LGPL?
Would that make sense? Maybe not, because anyone who distributes a
binary of my program or derivative work must license it under LGPL
anyway.
Well it may make sense. People can write a replacement for the LGPL
code, modify my code to use it, and distribute a binary without
distributing the sources. They could not do this, if my sources were
LGPL licensed.
Sounds valid?

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)