Re: [Haskell-cafe] Lambda's

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Lambda's
From: wren ng thornton
Date: Sat, 09 Jan 2010 18:35:47 -0500
Thomas DuBuisson wrote:
----- Michael Snoyman <[email protected]>:
----- Ivan Miljenovic <[email protected]>:
----- Michael Snoyman <[email protected]>:
Some of us prefer not to look at that kind of material. I'd appreciate
if, in the future, you could either refrain from sending such links or
making it clear that they contain objectionable content.
Agreed; however, looking at the URL does hint that it's NSFW:
That's true, but frankly I've come to expect a certain standard on this
mailing list which is almost always respected. I would prefer *not* needing
to start second guessing every link posted here.
I agree with Michael in this - such material is out of place for the cafe.
+1.

This list is not the appropriate venue for that sort of thing. Even if folks don't mind the NSFW, some of us work to combat the sexist culture that pervades computer science and prevents women from embracing a love of mathematics and programming. Haskell is generally more welcoming than other communities; don't wreck it.
--
Live well,
~wren