Re: [Haskell-cafe] problems installing ghc-6.12.1-x86_64

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] problems installing ghc-6.12.1-x86_64
From: Andrew Polonsky
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 15:16:39 +0100
On Thu, Jan 21, 2010 at 18:17, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Andrew Polonsky <[email protected]> writes:
>> Help!!  I am trying to build 6.12 on a fresh 64-bit Ubuntu, with no
>> GHC installed yet.  The compiler itself builds happily, but when I try
>> to "make install" the Haskell platform, I eventually get the error
>
> The Haskell Platform is currently for GHC 6.10.4, not 6.12.1.  Assuch,
> there's no guarantees.

Ah, that makes sense of course.  But what about cabal?  Is it possible
to get cabal working without having the ghc package installed?

Isn't there a way to set the whole thing up from the latest GHC,
without dependence on distribution repositories?

Thanks again,
Andrew