Re: [Haskell-cafe] Windows emulator for testing purposes

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Windows emulator for testing purposes
From: Jeff Zaroyko
Date: Tue, 19 Jan 2010 08:49:51 +1100
On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 7:27 AM, Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
<[email protected]> wrote:
> "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <[email protected]> writes:
>> I wonder if Wine would be good enough for testing.
>
> If memory serves me correctly, I have heard about people installing the
> Windows version of GHC and using it under Wine for testing purposes...
>
> --
> Ivan Lazar Miljenovic
> [email protected]
> IvanMiljenovic.wordpress.com

It does work, just make sure you're using a sufficiently new version
of Wine, git or a development version from http://winehq.org/download

Older versions had a bug which broke cabal install, but I submitted a
patch for that.  What doesn't work is the installer for cygwin if you
require that, otherwise msys-git works fine for providing a bash to
run configure scripts, so long as you install mingw and update your
path, things will work pretty much the same as Windows.

http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC_under_WINE

-Jeff