Re: [Haskell-cafe] scheduling an alarm

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] scheduling an alarm
From: Ketil Malde
Date: Thu, 28 Jan 2010 11:30:29 +0100
Thomas DuBuisson <[email protected]> writes:

> Yes - I said that in a later e-mail but it doesn't fix me violating my own
> peeve about non-functional code snippits on -cafe.

I guess we're spoiled by the type checker catching all our mistakes.

Since I recently discovered the new and wonderful world of C-c C-l in
haskell-mode, I wonder if it'd be hard (or if anybody already done so!)
to incorporate this for literate-style Haskell in email?

Wouldn't it be great if I could, just prior to sending a message, hit
C-c C-l to load the *message* buffer in a Haskell process to check that
it indeed works as expected, and if you, on reading it, could hit the
same key combination to do the same?

The birdstep-style might cause difficulties given the same mark's use as
standard quoting indicator.  And of course, most people use more
pedestrian, Turing-inhibited MUAs these days...

-k