[Haskell-cafe] Control.Parallel missing

Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Control.Parallel missing
From: Mitar
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 00:03:16 +0100

A friend of mine tried to learn Haskell and asked me for an advice
because he had problems with Haskell in 5 steps:

Under "Write your first parallel Haskell program" section there is
"import Control.Parallel" which is simply missing in 6.12 and also it
is not in documentation anymore:

I know that we have moved now to Haskell Platfrom so you can install
it additionally (probably), but for a novice it is not really nice
that example programs do not compile out of the box. Maybe we could
extend this 4th step also with an introduction to Cabal?

Haskell-Cafe mailing list