Re: [Haskell-cafe] lhs2tex, Haskell Platform and cygwin

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] lhs2tex, Haskell Platform and cygwin
From: Jacques Carette
Date: Thu, 17 Dec 2009 16:24:32 -0500
Some success now.

Reverting to building by hand, if I
1. edit config.ml to put "" quotes around the name of the GHC executable (since it contains spaces AND () ),
2. edit Makefile to add -package base-3.0.3.1 on to the --make line,
things proceed through the build and install stage properly.

For doing things by-hand, it would be nice if the 'configure' script automatically put "" quotes aroung the name of the GHC executable when generating config.mk. I took a look to see if I could figure out a patch to do that, but it wasn't obvious enough.
Also, it would be nice if there were an lhs2tex version which worked
out-of-the-box with base>=4, since the Makefile for that seems,
er, sub-optimal?
Best would be if cabal was cygwin-friendlier. Unfortunately, that seems
to be a lot easier said that done :-(.
Now I have to see if 'poly' style *actually* works...
Jacques