[Haskell-cafe] Video for Linux (v4l) library for Haskell

Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Video for Linux (v4l) library for Haskell
From: Christopher Done
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:17:38 +0000
Hackage and Google turn up nothingÂ, so I am asking here; has anyone written a v4l library for Haskell?

I have been reading the v4l documentation and I am ready to implement a Haskell interface for webcams, but it would be a waste of effort if someone's already got one knocking about. I could hack on theirs!

Cheers!

Christopher Done

 In fact, the only Google result is a posting to this mailing list asking if there is a v4l library to which the single response is "no, write an FFI interface".
 http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~sayles/VFL_HowTo/ and http://pages.cpsc.ucalgary.ca/~sayles/VFL_HowTo/Video4LinuxAPI.html