Re: [Haskell-cafe] Is Haskell capable of matching C in string processin

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Is Haskell capable of matching C in string processing performance?
From: John Millikin
Date: Fri, 22 Jan 2010 09:40:58 -0800
Correct me if I'm wrong, but ByteStrings can't contain non-ASCII
values, right? I'm looking for something like this pseudo-C:

    typedef void (*Callback)(const uint32_t *chars, size_t n_chars, void *);
    WriterState *new_state (Callback, void *);

I tried using the Text type, but its conversions to Ptr Word16 are all
O(n) -- not much better than String.