Re: [Haskell-cafe] Are functional dependencies around to stay?

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Are functional dependencies around to stay?
From: David Virebayre
Date: Mon, 21 Dec 2009 14:29:01 +0100

2009/12/21 GÃnther Schmidt <[email protected]>
Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if there is any chance that functional dependencies will not be around in the future. I do not actually understand the subject yet as such, but I'd like to make sure before I get deeper into it that it's something that will be around in the time to come.

My understanding is that they might end up dropped in favor of type families, and that should happen about when chicken will start growing teeth.

Obviously, my understanding is probably flawed.

David.