Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: Installing Haskell on Windows 7

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: Installing Haskell on Windows 7
From: Stephen Tetley
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 20:31:21 +0000
2009/12/27 Thomas Hühn <[email protected]>:

> network gave me a hard time without the Haskell Platform as well.

Hi Thomas

Network installed for me without a hitch via MinGW for 6.12.1 (via the
old skool process of runhaskell Setup.hs ...). MinGW becomes all but
essential once you start installing libraries that are bindings to C
libraries - unfortunately it can be hard to tell if a library is a
binding or depends on a binding. Also some Haskell libraries do use C
but only rely on the standard C libraries - as GHC ships with a gcc
executable from MinGW usually these libs will install transparently.

Best wishes

Stephen