haskell-cafe@haskell.org

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Failing to install hxt

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Failing to install hxt
From: ""
Date: Sun, 24 Jan 2010 12:24:37 +0100 CET
Thank you, that worked.

I wonder two things:

1) How to downgrade cabal packages? Just installing tagsoup-0.6 and removing every trace of tagsoup-0.8 somehow didn't work for me. cabal still insisted that there should be a tagsoup-0.8.

2) Is the commonly used version-scheming >= XYZ ideal? Maybe package maintainers should depend on exactly one version they know that works? I mean how can you guarantee, that every future version of a package will work?

Daniel Fischer <daniel.is.fischer@xxxxxx> hat am 24. Januar 2010 um 00:59 geschrieben: