Re: [Haskell-cafe] short licensing question

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] short licensing question
From: Sebastian Fischer
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 20:46:48 +0100
On Jan 12, 2010, at 1:38 PM, Duncan Coutts wrote:

But that is the intent of the LGPL, to protect the rights of the users
*receiving* the code, not to guarantee that modifications are available
to the entire world.
I wonder whether the following statements are valid:

When I write a program that uses an LGPL library, I am allowed to distribute the *sources* of my program under a permissive (non- copyleft) license like BSD3.
I am not allowed to distribute my program in *binary* form under a
permissive license (even if I release the sources too).
Am I allowed to distribute the sources under BSD3 and the binary under
LGPL?
Would that make sense? Maybe not, because anyone who distributes a
binary of my program or derivative work must license it under LGPL
anyway.
Sebastian

--
Underestimating the novelty of the future is a time-honored tradition.
(D.G.)