Re: [Haskell-cafe] time of day

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] time of day
From: Thomas DuBuisson
Date: Sun, 27 Dec 2009 22:57:19 -0800
'time' is the generally accepted package which exports the Data.Time you mentioned. 'DateTime' looks to use 'time' to provide an aledgedly simpler API. 'old-time' should go away eventually and thus you should not use it for new projects.

You likely want 'getCurrentTime' [1].

Thomas

[1] http://hackage.haskell.org/packages/archive/time/1.1.4/doc/html/Data-Time-Clock.html#v%3AgetCurrentTime

On Sun, Dec 27, 2009 at 10:42 PM, Brian Denheyer <[email protected]> wrote:

Hi All,

What's the best way to get the year/month/day/hour/min/sec of the
current time ?  I've become mired in confusion with Time, Data.Time,
DateTime and I think there is even an old-time.

Might be a couple of calendar libraries in there, not quite sure...

Thanks,

Brian