Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: Why does HXT use Arrows?

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: Why does HXT use Arrows?
From: Henning Thielemann
Date: Fri, 25 Dec 2009 21:29:16 +0100 CET
On Fri, 25 Dec 2009, Heinrich Apfelmus wrote:

Which begets the question of whether HXT actually uses a way of taking
input other than as function parameter. It appears to me that it doesn't.

Put differently, I suspect that all of HXT can be rewritten to

  mkCmt     :: String -> M XmlTree
  mkElement :: QName -> (n -> M XmlTree) -> (n -> M XmlTree)
            -> (n -> M XmlTree)

  ArrowXML a => a b c   ~=~   b -> M c

with  M a = [a]  being the list monad or some list augmented with IO.

I think this is the way, HXT was designed first. The functions are still available in hxt-filter.