Re: [Haskell-cafe] Parsers (Parsec and Iteratee-based Parsers)

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Parsers Parsec and Iteratee-based Parsers
From: Günther Schmidt
Date: Tue, 12 Jan 2010 00:09:09 +0100
Hi John,

thanks for responding. As I said I've been using Parsec quite a lot, but wonder if there is a different approach possible/feasible to parsing. Parsec (2x) isn't an "online" parser, ie, it doesn't produce a result before the whole parse is completed.
There is AFAIK one alternative, the uulib, but at first glance it seemed
very elaborate, so I wonder if Oleg's Iteratee offers something simpler.
I am not in particular looking for some sort of parsec-iteratee-hybrid,
I'd be quite happy with something entirely based on Iteratee. In the
Iteratee package there are 2 sample parsers, one for TIFF and one for
WAVE files. I wish I could say that the accompanying documentation is
sufficient for me to get the idea, alas it's not.
Günther