haskell-cafe@haskell.org

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Upgraded to GHC 6.12 and can't find anything

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Upgraded to GHC 6.12 and can't find anything
From: Jon Harrop
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 23:02:03 +0000
On Monday 28 December 2009 21:06:20 Gregory Propf wrote:
> Ok, I'm trying to build the haskell platform but getting this. Anyone know
> what the problem is? As far as I know I have all the development libs for
> OpenGL. I'm not sure what this means. I'm running Ubuntu 9.04 on a 64bit
> dual core AMD.

I had the same problem with Debian Lenny on a 32-bit 2x quadcore Opteron:

  http://groups.google.com/group/fa.haskell/msg/34ee76bed380438d

I found that installing the binary Debian packages (from Sid) haskell-platform
and ghc6, and then installing ghc 6.12 from source fixed 6.10. Now I seem to
be able to compile with 6.10 and programs run without segfaulting (but not
6.8 or 6.12). I never managed to get cabal to work though...

http://www.ffconsultancy.com/?e