Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: what is *hack*?

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: what is *hack*?
From: "Alberto G. Corona "
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 21:47:18 +0100
rack (and hack)  permits also to concatenate applications (request handlers) one in top of the other. with interesting combinations (filters, encriptation layers, applications as such). It seems that this is the reason for its name. At first sight it seems too little code to make something useful, but it´s fine.

2010/1/13 Pasqualino "Titto" Assini <[email protected]>
Hi Michael,

what is your experience with hack? Do you have any problem moving your
apps from one server/env to another?

Regards,

    titto

2010/1/13 Günther Schmidt <[email protected]>:
> Hi Michael,
>
> on first impression this seems like a good idea then.
>
> Günther
>

> Am 13.01.10 15:48, schrieb Michael Snoyman:
>>
>> Günther,
>>
>> Hack is a layer between a web application and a web server. It allows
>> you to write a web application once and have it communicate with the
>> server in different ways simply by swapping the handler. For example, I
>> have applications that I test on my local system using
>> hack-handler-simpleserver and then deploy onto an Apache server using
>> either hack-handler-cgi or hack-handler-fastcgi.
>>
>> Michael

Pasqualino "Titto" Assini, Ph.D.
http://quicquid.org/