Re: [Haskell-cafe] Takusen - reading from one db inserting into another

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Takusen - reading from one db inserting into another
From: Michael Hartl
Date: Mon, 18 Jan 2010 11:34:05 +0100
Don't know if you can have two connections, sounds difficult in regard
to the DBM monad. Only the deveolopers will know.

However, two obvious solutions come to my mind: 1) build a result set
and process it after returning from DBM or 2) use two separate threads
and send the queried data from your source db to the other thread using
an STM channel.
You will have to think about lazyness, performance and space usage in
both cases, however.