Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: (liftM join .) . mapM

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: (liftM join .) . mapM
From: Stephen Tetley
Date: Tue, 29 Dec 2009 21:55:14 +0000
2009/12/29 Dominic Steinitz <[email protected]>:

> And oo = (.).(.) and ooo = (.).(.).(.)
>
> There was a suggestion a few years back to standardise these as I recall
> something like:
>
>  $0 = $
>  $1 = .
>
> and so on but nothing came of it.

Hi Dominic

Hmm, name-wise I would have to be dishonourable and vote for myself on
this particular one. But, I rather suspect that Haskell-prime-prime
(or whatever it gets called in a few years time) will bite the bullet
and go for Unicode symbols, otherwise we'll be doomed to programs that
look somewhat 'expletive-deleted'.

Best wishes

Stephen