Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: install-dirs on Mac OS X

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: install-dirs on Mac OS X
From: Tom Tobin
Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 13:49:25 -0600
On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 at 4:49 AM, Heinrich Apfelmus
<[email protected]> wrote:
> Likewise, Â~/Library/Haskell Âseems to be the best place for user installs.

While I don't mind the /Library/Haskell path for global installs, I'm
not sure how I feel about this for local installs.  It usually drives
me crazy when my more "Unix-y" tools stick stuff in my ~/Library/
directory; for instance, I had to actively fight with my copy of
Aquamacs Emacs in order to get everything running from ~/.emacs.d/
rather than ~/Library/Preferences/Aquamacs Emacs/.