Re: [Haskell-cafe] Use of the Try typeclass

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Use of the Try typeclass
From: Michael Snoyman
Date: Thu, 31 Dec 2009 07:43:52 +0200
Edward,

What version of the packages are you using? Can you give the output of:

ghc-pkg list|grep failure

Michael

On Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 7:11 AM, Edward Z. Yang <[email protected]> wrote:
Excerpts from Alexander Dunlap's message of Thu Dec 31 00:06:58 -0500 2009:
> Why are you importing both Control.Failure and Control.Monad.Failure
> when the latter just re-exports the former? Are you using the latest
> versions of the two packages? Try importing just
> Control.Monad.Failure.MTL; that provides the MTL failure instances and
> also re-exports Control.Failure.

That's correct. I imported both when Control.Monad.Failure.MTL failed
to expose try:

[email protected]:~/Dev/wizard$ ghci
Prelude> :m +Control.Monad.Failure.MTL
Prelude Control.Monad.Failure.MTL> :t try

<interactive>:1:0: Not in scope: `try'

Which, doesn't really seem like it should be the case.

Cheers,
Edward