Re: [Haskell-cafe] What about adding a wiki for each haskell project?

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] What about adding a wiki for each haskell project?
From: Stephen Tetley
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 12:46:54 +0000
Hello everyone,

Could a new mailing list for patches and/or commentary do the work of
the proposed package Wikis? Similar to the libraries list but separate
so it doesn't pollute the libraries list from its important job of
discussing and refining the core libs.

>From my perspective, mails have two useful and apparent properties -
messages are authored and time stamped, and viewing the list through
Gmane or whatever would allow people to keep up to date without
burdening their inboxes. With a Wiki the authorship and time stamp are
deep within the history - on a Wiki, one would expect people to be
respectful, but you never know. Also my personal feeling is that Wiki
comments would go the way of (elaborate) source code comments - vis
the old chestnut "Are out of date comments, better than no comments?"

Best wishes

Stephen