Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] Boxed Mutable Arrays

Subject: Fwd: [Haskell-cafe] Boxed Mutable Arrays
From: "Alberto G. Corona "
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 15:38:03 +0100

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Alberto G. Corona <[email protected]>
Date: 2009/12/15
Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Boxed Mutable Arrays
To: Daniel Peebles <[email protected]>

Ok, so the state content is not accessible. Nice.

2009/12/15 Daniel Peebles <[email protected]>

No, they are actually being mutated. ST is basically IO with a
universal state thread (IO uses RealWorld) to prevent you from letting
any of the mutable structures out (or any in) of the block. The whole
point of ST is to have real mutable references/arrays that have a
referentially transparent if you look at them from outside.

Dan