Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: ThreadScope 0.1

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] ANNOUNCE: ThreadScope 0.1
From: Johan Tibell
Date: Wed, 27 Jan 2010 17:16:26 -0800
On Wed, Jan 27, 2010 at 8:51 AM, Satnam Singh <[email protected]> wrote:

I’ve just released ThreadScope version 0.1 on Hackage. Threadscope is a graphical utility for viewing profiling information about Haskell threads. It was written jointly with Simon Marlow and Donnie Jones. It uses Gtk2HS so it works under Windows and the L-word operating system although there seem to be problems making it work with OS-X (due to Gtk2Hs issues I think).

This is great news! ThreadScope was very useful when I was debugging threading issues in the new I/O manager [1] Bryan and I have been working on.

I managed to get it to work on OS X after building gtk2hs from source. Once I got it to build the only problem I had is that it crashes when I try to save to an image file.

Cheers,
Johan