Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: Optimizing Parsec 3 -- was: Wiki software?

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Re: Optimizing Parsec 3 -- was: Wiki software?
From: Evan Laforge
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 18:54:25 -0800
> So my biggest reservation is if I can even call my branch the same
> parser as Parsec.

Maybe we could go the way regexes: say "parsec" is an API, and allow
multiple backends with different characteristics as long as they
basically implement that API.  In practice, a lot of parser combinator
libraries have something close to the parsec API already.  They don't
have to be completely compatible, i.e. you might have a 'parse'
function take different arguments, but it would be practical to have a
standard set of core combinators.

Or come up with a new name for the "API" or call in parseclike or something :)