Re: [Haskell-cafe] Language simplicity

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Language simplicity
From: "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH"
Date: Wed, 13 Jan 2010 05:50:44 -0500
On Jan 13, 2010, at 05:45 , Ketil Malde wrote:
"Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH" <[email protected]> writes:
If we're going to go that far, FORTRAN and PL/1 have none. FORTRAN is
somewhat infamous for this:
There's also the option (perhaps this was PL/1?) of writing constructs
like:  IF THEN THEN IF ELSE THEN etc.  Having few reserved words isn't
necessarily a benefit.  :-)
That'd be PL/I, and a prime example of why languages use keywords
these days (as if FORTRAN weren't enough). :)
--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] [email protected]
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] [email protected]