Re: [Haskell-cafe] What about adding a wiki for each haskell project?

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] What about adding a wiki for each haskell project?
From: Keith Sheppard
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 12:16:29 -0500
What about if during the "Checking a Cabal package" upload step there
was a check to see if there was a homepage in the cabal file? If there
is no homepage we could have something like:

"Your cabal file does not contain a link to a project homepage. You
may want to add a haskell wiki link as your homepage by adding the
following line to your cabal file..."

This would not force the wiki page on anyone but it would add a nudge
to anyone who just didn't think about it.

-Keith

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 12:09 PM, Marc Weber <[email protected]> wrote:
> Hi Antoine.
>
> One of the main goals is to have a place to a put information when
> you're not the maintainer. Of course I can put everything into *my*
> cabal files. I don't want to do this for projects I don't maintain.
> I'd like to ask maintainers first. But while this question - reply cycle
> is in progress I'd like to add a link to my patches.
>
> About darcs: Sure. Nobody want's to duplicate the contents of the darcs
> web page. However you can add a link to it.
>
> I wonder which is the way to ask all maintainers how they like this
> idea or more important: Why they might dislike having a wiki page
> others may edit as well.
>
> Marc Weber

keithsheppard.name