haskell-cafe@haskell.org

[Haskell-cafe] Fun with Darcs

Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Fun with Darcs
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 20:37:53 +0100
Andrew Coppin wrote:
Henning Thielemann wrote:

As said, the IDE Leksah can display code exactly like this ...

I noticed the first time. Clearly this is another toy I'm going to have to try out sometime...

...and then he discovers that Darcs isn't working any more. :-(

I've recently reinstalled Windows, so I decided to go download the latest Darcs and set that up. Now it's complaining that I don't have curl or wget. (Never used to do that before.) The WindowsConfiguration file doesn't mention anything about it. [And the link back to the Darcs wiki is 404 by the way. "darcs.net" rather than "wiki.darcs.net". Nice touch...] Presumably this change is new in Darcs 2. I don't recall seeing anything about it when I read the announcement, and I'm now searching the wiki and I still don't see anything about it.

Presumably I just need to discover a Windows binary for wget and put it in my search path somewhere? Would be nice if this were documented... Darcs used to just work by itself without any additional tools.