[Haskell-cafe] Fun with Darcs

Subject: [Haskell-cafe] Fun with Darcs
From: Andrew Coppin
Date: Wed, 14 May 2008 20:37:53 +0100
Andrew Coppin wrote:
Henning Thielemann wrote:

As said, the IDE Leksah can display code exactly like this ...

I noticed the first time. Clearly this is another toy I'm going to have to try out sometime...

...and then he discovers that Darcs isn't working any more. :-(

I've recently reinstalled Windows, so I decided to go download the latest Darcs and set that up. Now it's complaining that I don't have curl or wget. (Never used to do that before.) The WindowsConfiguration file doesn't mention anything about it. [And the link back to the Darcs wiki is 404 by the way. "darcs.net" rather than "wiki.darcs.net". Nice touch...] Presumably this change is new in Darcs 2. I don't recall seeing anything about it when I read the announcement, and I'm now searching the wiki and I still don't see anything about it.

Presumably I just need to discover a Windows binary for wget and put it in my search path somewhere? Would be nice if this were documented... Darcs used to just work by itself without any additional tools.

Haskell-Cafe mailing list