haskell-cafe@haskell.org

Re: [Haskell-cafe] Problem making a program in ghc

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] Problem making a program in ghc
From: Sterling Clover
Date: Fri, 14 Mar 2008 00:06:24 -0400
This answer may be way off base, but if differences appear between ghci and compiled versions, I've often found its as simple as remembering to compile with the -threaded flag. The ghci runtime is threaded by default, as I understand it, while compiled binaries are not, and IO operations will block in very different fashions (i.e. in their own thread, or stalling the entire app) depending on the runtime.

Regards,
sterl.

On Mar 13, 2008, at 3:47 PM, Adam Langley wrote:

web application),
I have a log that confirms that the response arrives correctly.

I hate to see any requests for help go unanswered here, but this one
might be tough. I think you need to give some more information,
otherwise the suggestions are going to be very general. Can you put
the Haskell source code on a website somewhere and link to it. Since
it's a network service, an example request and reply might be good to
include.

In general, you should check that you are correctly flushing your
connection. If you are using Handles to interface to the network, they
can buffer the response. hFlush[1] may need to be called when you have
finished generating it.

[1] http://haskell.org/ghc/docs/latest/html/libraries/base/System- IO.html#v%3AhFlush

AGL

--