haskell-cafe@haskell.org

Re: [Haskell-cafe] On the verge of ... giving up! [OT]

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] On the verge of ... giving up! [OT]
From: "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH"
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2007 09:34:49 -0400

On Oct 15, 2007, at 7:01 , Yitzchak Gale wrote:

But I think we are still at the stage where a programmer
who wants practical results is better off starting out
by learning how to use monads in practice, not by
delving into category theory.

No argument from a Haskell standpoint. Still, when people here or on #haskell start tossing CT around, it'd be nice to have more than a very vague and probably incorrect notion of what they're saying. :)

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery@xxxxxxxxx
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@xxxxxxxxxxx