haskell-cafe@haskell.org

Re: [Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org

Subject: Re: [Haskell-cafe] New slogan for haskell.org
From: "Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH"
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 12:41:16 -0400

On Oct 5, 2007, at 12:33 , Henning Thielemann wrote:

http://www.henning-thielemann.de/CHater.html#CvsM3_ControlFlow

I can has English?  :)

If the first large table is any indication, though, we may need to define "inconsistent". C syntax shown there is quite consistent; what it isn't, is designed to keep humans from making certain kinds of mistakes. I'm rather mixed on that goal: on the one hand, C does attract certain errors due to its syntax, but on the other, a language designed to coddle the programmer also tends to keep the programmer from doing useful things. (What's the last practical application you've seen in Logo? Or un-extended Pascal?)

--
brandon s. allbery [solaris,freebsd,perl,pugs,haskell] allbery@xxxxxxxxx
system administrator [openafs,heimdal,too many hats] allbery@xxxxxxxxxxx