hants@mailman.lug.org.uk

Re: [hants] Gmail - WHY

Subject: Re: [hants] Gmail - WHY
From: Simon Capstick
Date: Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:54:24 +0100
On Thursday 07 Oct 2004 16:10, ISAAC CLOSE wrote:
> Learning is only work when you don't like/enjoy it.
Not sure if you were being serious/flippant but an observation I've made:

Many educational courses are not adjusted to each individual's learning speed
and many encumber 'learners' with excessive coursework that isn't strictly
needed to learn but rather to assess the pupil.

I've both studied and then worked.   At the moment I'm doing both and
fortunately I'm enrolled on a well designed and run course.   I have to admit
to dropping out of the Soton Uni CompSci course but I couldn't hack the 25+
hours a week job I had on top of it.  All credit to Thomas for even finding
time to post this list.

Simon

--
Please post to: hants@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx