gnu.emacs.help

Re: C-/ and C-( not recognized in Terminal on Mac?

Subject: Re: C-/ and C-( not recognized in Terminal on Mac?
From: Enno Fennema
Date: Fri, 30 Nov 2007 16:38:02 +0100
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.help

Peter Dyballa wrote:
Am 30.11.2007 um 01:11 schrieb prestowk:
On 30 Nov 2007, at 03:04, prestowk wrote:

Addition: For example, is there a standard/specification that I could refer to that says (or at least does not prohibit) that functionality? Maybe VT100 or something like that. Also, are there other terminal emulators in which this works that I could compare with? You seem to be sure of the nature of this issue, so I'm asking for whatever useful information you might have.

I thought the fun of emulation is to emulate something, to do neither more nor less. I don't know when the last VT100 was manufactured but its specification is no longer capable of change. The termcap file is quite specific what a terminal eg. a VT100 can and cannot do.

Enno Fennema