gnu.emacs.gnus

Microsoft Exchange Server

Subject: Microsoft Exchange Server
From: Adam Sjøgren
Date: Fri, 03 Feb 2006 23:17:16 +0100
Newsgroups: gnu.emacs.gnus
  Hi.

Has anyone ever tried to work on connecting to a Microsoft Exchange
Server¹?

Evolution has a free connector-thing, so there is some kind of
information available as to how (there, anyway), I guess.

The perfect thing would be if someone had whipped up a daemon that
would talk IMAP to Gnus (and other clients) and translate to whatever
the Microsoft Exchange Server speaks transparently. Has anyone
done/started such a project?

Perhaps it would be easier to create a daemon that talks to Evolution
Data Server, which then would talk to the Microsoft Exchange Server?

It all sounds so hacky, but I'd hate to wast^Wspend time learning to
use Evolution and not using Gnus, just because I got a job - so I'm
wondering if anyone has been down this road before?

I just looked at go-evolution.org. Maybe I should try to convince the
administrators after all...

  Best regards,

    Adam

¹ I think it is possible to turn IMAP on in Microsoft Exchange Server,
  but it is unfortunately not likely that I can persuade the
  administrators to do so.

--
 "You know, if the sun was an oboe, what would you do?"       Adam Sjøgren
                                                         asjo@xxxxxxxxxxxx