plugins refer to passes by their name, hence all compiler passes need
a unique name:
* passes with NULL name should get a new unique name;
* passes which had duplicate names should be disambiguated by
changing at least one name to achieve uniqueness.
The pass (re)naming policy implemented in this patch is:
* passes with NULL names are named after their opt_pass data
structure with the prefix "pass_" stripped;
* when a GIMPLE pass and an RTL pass have the same name ("eh",
"dce"), the RTL pass name is modified while the name of the GIMPLE
pass is left
unchanged; Rationale: GIMPLE is there to stay, and GIMPLE pass names
are extensively used as dump names in the testsuite;
* when two passes have the same name ("mudflap1", "mudflap2",
"postreload"), the names are adjusted to reflect the names of pass
Regression-tested on x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu.
All the best,
2009-06-15 Zbigniew Chamski <zbigniew.chamski@xxxxxxxxx>
* cfgrtl.c (pass_free_cfg): Add pass name.
* cgraphbuild.c (pass_build_cgraph_edges,
* dce.c (pass_ud_rtl_dce, pass_fast_rtl_dce): Change pass name.
* df-core.c (pass_df_initialize_no_opt): Likewise.
* except.c (pass_rtl_eh): Likewise.
* final.c (pass_final, pass_clean_state): Add pass name.
* function.c (pass_init_function, pass_leaf_regs): Likewise.
* gcse.c (pass_rtl_pre): Change pass name.
* passes.c (pass_rest_of_compilation, pass_postreload): Add pass
* postreload.c (pass_postreload_cse): Change pass name.
* predict.c (pass_strip_predict_hints): Add pass name.
* reg-stack.c (pass_stack_regs): Likewise.
* stack-ptr-mod.c (pass_stack_ptr_mod): Likewise.
* tree-cfg.c (pass_warn_function_return,
pass_warn_function_noreturn): Add pass name.
* tree-dfa.c (pass_referenced_vars): Likewise.
* tree-nomudflap (pass_mudflap_1, pass_mudflap_2): Change pass name.
* tree-optimize.c (pass_all_optimizations): Add pass name.
(pass_cleanup_cfg_post_optimizing): Fix whitespace before comment.
(pass_fixup_cfg): Add pass name, fix whitespace before comment.
(pass_init_datastructures): Add pass name.
* tree-ssa-loop.c (pass_record_bounds): Likewise.
* tree-ssa.c (pass_early_warn_uninitialized,