This patch fixes building a cross-compiler from i686-mingw32 to
arm-none-linux-gnueabi. auto-host.h contains definitions of gid_t and
uid_t as macros, which cause errors when target system headers are
subsequently included from crtstuff.c. In principle (bug 21481)
crtstuff.c shouldn't include auto-host.h at all, but in practice (the
2005-05-11 Nathan Sidwell <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* crtstuff.c: Include auto-host.h again, for now.
2005-05-10 Nathan Sidwell <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* crtstuff.c: Revert part of 2005-05-08 Change.
2005-05-08 Nathan Sidwell <nathan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Paolo Bonzini <bonzini@xxxxxxx>
* Makefile.in (cs-tconfig.h): Pass USED_FOR_TARGET to mkconfig.sh
* aclocal.m4 (GCC_TARGET_TEMPLATE, AH_TEMPLATE): New.
* configure.ac (enable_checking): Fix typos in runtime_checking.
(ENABLE_RUNTIME_CHECKING): Mark as target template.
(xm_file): Prepend auto-host.h
(HAVE_GAS_HIDDEN, HAVE_LD_EH_FRAME_HDR): Mark as target template.
* mkconfig.sh: Do not automatically define USED_FOR_TARGET in
* crtstuff.c: Do not include auto-host.h.
(IN_LIBGCC2): Do not define.
* gcov-io.h: Include tconfig.h, not auto-host.h.
* libgcc2.c: Do not include auto-host.h.
(abort): Do not undefine.
* libgcov.c: Remove unneeded comment about config.h.
* unwind-dw2-fde-glibc.c: Do not inlude auto-host.h.
* config.in, configure: Regenerated.
) not including it broke things. Thus, this patch only undefines the
specific defines of system header symbols, which seem most likely to
cause problems such as those observed. (An even more conservative fix
would be to undefine only uid_t and gid_t.)
Tested by building a cross-compiler (build = i686-pc-linux-gnu, host =
i686-mingw32, target = arm-none-linux-gnueabi) which was previously
broken. OK to commit?
2005-11-14 Joseph S. Myers <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
* crtstuff.c: Undefine gid_t, pid_t, rlim_t, ssize_t, uid_t and
vfork after including auto-host.h.
diff -rupN GCC.orig/gcc/crtstuff.c GCC/gcc/crtstuff.c
--- GCC.orig/gcc/crtstuff.c 2005-10-28 23:34:11.000000000 +0000
+++ GCC/gcc/crtstuff.c 2005-11-14 15:50:55.000000000 +0000
@@ -58,6 +58,12 @@ Software Foundation, 51 Franklin Street,
identified the set of defines that need to go into auto-target.h,
this will have to do. */
Joseph S. Myers http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~jsm28/gcc/
jsm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (personal mail)
joseph@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (CodeSourcery mail)
jsm28@xxxxxxxxxxx (Bugzilla assignments and CCs)