gbstrep@lists.kjsl.com

RE: [Gbstrep] newbie

Subject: RE: [Gbstrep] newbie
From: "Robin and Sean"
Date: Tue, 6 Feb 2007 16:37:55 -0500
Brandyn-

You have come to a great place to share, learn and have people who
understand!

Our daughter Allison was born happy and healthy, but at 20 days contracted
GBS bacterial meningitis.  I am not going to go into all of the details,
because my hands would hurt and I would bore those who have heard our story
20 times!  (but fortunately, they would never complain!)

We have our story on a website to try and get the word out to others about
GBS. Unfortunately, GBS comes and goes in adults and just because they test
negative, it can creep up quickly.  I was GBS positive and they still were
not on the ball about it.  (this was almost 5 years ago...can you guys
believe it...Allison is almost 5!!!)

Our website is www.allisonhugs.org

I hope that things get better for you...how is your daughter doing today????

I am sure I speak for all of us here...welcome, and although we are sorry
you found us this way, we are glad you found us!

Warm Regards,

Robin Reid
Raleigh NC
Mother to Brianna (8 going on 14, smartest little girl that I know) and
Allison (almost 5, going on 8 months, the one little girl who can always
make me smile)