YaCy 0.48 - A distributed P2P-based Web Search Engine

Subject: YaCy 0.48 - A distributed P2P-based Web Search Engine
Date: Wed, 25 Oct 2006 13:53:58 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: fm.announce
YaCy 0.48
  by Michael Christen (
  Wed, Oct 25th 2006 06:53

YaCy is a distributed Web Crawler and Web Search Engine without a central
server and no censoring possibility. It's a P2P-based index exchange
network based on distributed hash tables. Explicit Web crawls can be done
locally or collaboratively, forming a global search and distributed
indexing engine for the Web. It also provides a bookmark system,
individual Web/servlet page hosting, and a personal file sharing zone. It
is easy to install and has its own database engine.

This release adds a surf tip menu to the Web search. The Web search speed
has been enhanced, and IO load has been reduced. This release also
includes many bugfixes.

Release focus: Minor feature enhancements
      License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
  Project URL:

   CVS tree (cvsweb):
           Demo site:
Ever wonder why HP has seven consecutive years of Linux market share

leadership? Maybe it's our portfolio of best-of-breed partner products, or
HP value-add in management, high availability, and virtualization. Maybe
it's the integrated, consolidated infrastructure of HP BladeSystem,
single-source accountability and solution support from HP Services in 160
countries, or just our unwavering commitment to the open source