fm.announce

MediaWiki 1.8.0 - A Web-based collaborative editing environment.

Subject: MediaWiki 1.8.0 - A Web-based collaborative editing environment.
Date: Wed, 11 Oct 2006 10:34:20 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: fm.announce
MediaWiki 1.8.0
  by brion (http://freshmeat.net/~brion/)
  Wed, Oct 11th 2006 03:34

About:
MediaWiki is a Web-based collaborative editing environment. Originally
built for the online encyclopedia project Wikipedia, it's geared to
support a large number of users and pages.

Changes:
PostgreSQL support now works. IP blocking is now more flexible for
shared/dynamic ranges. Optional support for DjVu metadata and inline
rendering using external software. Fixes for Squid 2.6. "+" allowed in
titles by default for better compatibility with Wikipedia data. And many
little fixes!

Release focus: Major feature enhancements
      License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
  Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/mediawiki/

            Homepage:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/mediawiki/45379/url_homepage/www.mediawiki.org
              Tar/GZ:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/mediawiki/45379/url_tgz/mediawiki-1.8.0.tar.gz
           Changelog:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/mediawiki/45379/url_changelog/RELEASE-NOTES
   CVS tree (cvsweb): http://freshmeat.net/redir/mediawiki/45379/url_cvs/phase3
         Bug tracker:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/mediawiki/45379/url_bugtracker/bugzilla.wikimedia.org
Mailing list archive:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/mediawiki/45379/url_list/mediawiki-l
           Demo site:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/mediawiki/45379/url_demo/en.wikipedia.org

Ever wonder why HP has seven consecutive years of Linux market share

leadership? Maybe it's our portfolio of best-of-breed partner products, or
HP value-add in management, high availability, and virtualization. Maybe
it's the integrated, consolidated infrastructure of HP BladeSystem,
single-source accountability and solution support from HP Services in 160
countries, or just our unwavering commitment to the open source
community.

See: http://showcase.linux.com/hposms.tmpl