fm.announce

Linbox Rescue Server 20061016 - A centralized PC hardware/software inve

Subject: Linbox Rescue Server 20061016 - A centralized PC hardware/software inventory, imaging, and backup tool.
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2006 18:21:10 +0000 UTC
Newsgroups: fm.announce
Linbox Rescue Server 20061016
  by Linbox Arnaud LAPREVOTE (http://freshmeat.net/~arnaudlaprevote/)
  Thu, Oct 19th 2006 11:21

About:
The Linbox Rescue Server (LRS) is a tool to centralize hard disk images
(like Ghost Enterprise Server), file backups, hardware and software
inventory (with Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X agents), and remote access on
a single server. It can be managed from any PC through a Web-based
administration interface, and disk images can be restored using PXE boot
or using a bootable CD or DVD. It supports Ext2/3, ReiserFS, XFS, JFS, and
LVM v1/v2.

Changes:
Support for the latest rtl8168 NICs and for the ATI IXP ATA controller has
been added.

Release focus: Minor feature enhancements
      License: GNU General Public License (GPL)
  Project URL: http://freshmeat.net/projects/lrs/

            Homepage:
http://freshmeat.net/redir/lrs/38971/url_homepage/lrs.linbox.org
              Tar/GZ: http://freshmeat.net/redir/lrs/38971/url_tgz/bin
      Debian package: http://freshmeat.net/redir/lrs/38971/url_deb/bin
   CVS tree (cvsweb): http://freshmeat.net/redir/lrs/38971/url_cvs/browser
         Bug tracker: http://freshmeat.net/redir/lrs/38971/url_bugtracker/report
           Demo site: http://freshmeat.net/redir/lrs/38971/url_demo/demo

Ever wonder why HP has seven consecutive years of Linux market share

leadership? Maybe it's our portfolio of best-of-breed partner products, or
HP value-add in management, high availability, and virtualization. Maybe
it's the integrated, consolidated infrastructure of HP BladeSystem,
single-source accountability and solution support from HP Services in 160
countries, or just our unwavering commitment to the open source
community.

See: http://showcase.linux.com/hposms.tmpl