fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com

Re: Why would I want Fedora?

Subject: Re: Why would I want Fedora?
From: "Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)"
Date: Fri, 15 May 2009 18:13:02 +0200
On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 17:01,  <valik@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> While I sit here viewing everyones' responses to this subject about Fedora's
> description, I have only few reasons to see the it would not be an
> "alternative" to said proprietary operating systems. ÂThus far since the
> eariest stages of GUI driven Linux; Âonly gamers, flash developers and like
> would not see the os as becoming a strong "alternative os" meaning without
> emulation.

When one says that Fedora is not an alternative to Windows, it doesn't
mean that Fedora is inferior, and thus not yet a suitable alternative.

What we mean is that Fedora doesn't aim to be an alternative to
Windows. Instead, Fedora has clear goals.

If anything, Fedora would be aiming to make Windows an alternative to Linux ;)

Regards,