fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com

Re: [Fwd: [Lf-announce] Announcing the New Linux.com]

Subject: Re: [Fwd: [Lf-announce] Announcing the New Linux.com]
From: "Mathieu Bridon (bochecha)"
Date: Wed, 13 May 2009 20:24:48 +0200
On Wed, May 13, 2009 at 20:07, Jack Aboutboul <jaa@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I just wanted to pass this on so everyone is informed about it. ÂThey are
> trying to start a social network. ÂWhat do you guys think about it?

Well, just like any social network, I'll pass on this one ^_^

However, there are few issues in my humble opinion:
- support appears to me much more efficient on a per distribution /
per language forum
- the rank system will inevitably lead to some race, people speaking a
looooooot and not necessarily providing valuable help
- geeks already tend to be marginalized, as we can appear  weird  to
some people. This is a social network for geeks, and I'm not sure this
will help us show that Linux is not only for geeks / nerds with a
beard that spend their nights coding in their basement.
-  a dream laptop signed by Linus Torvalds  Are we some fanboys ? o_O

 ZOMG !!!1!11!! I has lapt0p signed by Linus !!!!oneleven!! Â

Anyway, I wish them the best of luck and certainly don't want to blame
them for trying something :)

Regards,