fedora-marketing-list@redhat.com

Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora usability : a new project?

Subject: Re: [Fedora-marketing-list] Fedora usability : a new project?
From: Nicolas Mailhot
Date: Tue, 08 Aug 2006 22:02:20 +0200
Le mardi 08 aoÃt 2006 Ã 15:18 -0400, Paul W. Frields a Ãcrit :
> On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 14:53 +0200, Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> > Le Mar 8 aoÃt 2006 13:14, Paul W. Frields a Ãcrit :

> > > The first is what Marketing is for.  The second is what Bugzilla is for.
> >
> > I strongly disagree.
> [...snip...]
>
> Thank you Nicolas, this is the first substantial discussion I've seen on
> this topic.  I really have no opposition to a SIG for this work, but I
> want to see it hashed out on the appropriate lists transparently, not
> unilaterally announced.

The appropriate list is certainly the desktop one, as any cli/server
usability problem is very low prio nowadays. However since it's been
almost dead lately I don't think discussing it directly there would have
had any effect.

>  Unless I missed the big discussion elsewhere --

I missed it too :)
I only rationalised why a usability group would be useful, I have little
idea if it's the kind of usability group proposed today.

Also I have my fingers in enough pies today I hope someone will take up
the program and make it real, but I've little time to contribute myself.
Though this is a direct result of trying to engage upstream alone as
we're supposed to do nowadays.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Mailhot