fedora-extras-list@redhat.com

Re: pacakge classification and selection (was Re: New Comps Groups)

Subject: Re: pacakge classification and selection was Re: New Comps Groups
From: Nicolas Mailhot
Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2006 20:36:01 +0100
> On Tuesday 28 November 2006 6:06 pm, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > So, in short, I think the comps push, while fitting in our current
> > infrastructure, isn't really solving the *right* problem.

It's kind'of sad we've replaced a strictly hierarchical system (rpm
groups) with another strictly hierarchical system (well, not 100%
hierarchical as you can fill packages in several groups but that's
almost never done), and that after all the noise around loosely
organised keywords being the future

--
Nicolas Mailhot