Please do not reply directly to this email. All additional
comments should be made in the comments box of this bug report.
Summary: Review Request: l2tpd - Layer 2 Tunneling Protocol daemon
------- Additional Comments From dmitry@xxxxxxxxxxxx 2005-11-14 09:17 EST
Some first remarks & nitpicks:
- IMO, URL should be http://sourceforge.net/projects/l2tpd
- Group tag should be "System Environment/Daemons" (as have ppp, openswan,
wvdial and other similar stuff).
- AFAIK l2tp can be useful without IPSec too. If it is true, remove "Requires:
- As unix98pty is a default for FC2+, and spec file should be more
Fedora-oriented rather than generic, get rid of unneeded patches and macros
- Source3 (RPM.README) seems to be unuseful (to be included into %doc for "end"
- BUGS file in %doc seems to be unuseful too (it is mostly for l2tpd
- As Patch0 is not used at all, get rid of it.
- According to
, don't run "chkconfig ... on" on install.
Also remove "comment + exit 0;" at the ends of the scripts, it looks a little
- Change "try-restart" to "condrestart" in spec and l2tpd.init file.
- I would prefer to not activate l2tpd service by default (i.e., change "2345 80
30" to "- 80 30" in l2tpd.init file). Don't use extra spaces in the appropriate
line, rpmlint worries about it.
- remove the last paragraph from %description (all rpm history should be in the
Consider an opportunity of replacement of the current source tarball + a lot
of patches to some current CVS snapshot (it seems that several patches are
already commited upstream). Of course, if it is stable enough... :)
Configure bugmail: https://bugzilla.redhat.com/bugzilla/userprefs.cgi?tab=email
------- You are receiving this mail because: -------
You are on the CC list for the bug, or are watching someone who is.
fedora-extras-list mailing list